925 Chestnut Street, Emmaus, PA 18049 • 610-967-2289

Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am to 6 pm; Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm

Your Full Service Notary Provider since 1983

PA Fish and Boat Commission

We are able to Register and Title your boat which is similar to registering or titling a car. Both registrations and titles are issued by the PA Fish & Boat Commission. 

Boats that must be registered:

  • Any boat powered by a gasoline, diesel or electric motor.
  • Vessels documented by the U.S. Coast Guard for recreational purposes. Documented vessels are large pleasure boats, such as yachts.
  • Boats, such as sailboats, that use gasoline, diesel, or electric motors for auxiliary power.
  • Unpowered boats require a launch permit for any PA waterway. 1 or 2 year permits are available.

Register/Title a Boat in PA

Boat Registration & Titling FAQs

Boat Registration:

  • New:  We are able to issue temporary registrations and temporary decals (T-stickers). This will allow the boat to be used while the permanent registration is being processed. The application form becomes the temporary registration and T-stickers are issued.
  • Renewals:  Boat registrations are renewed on a 2-year cycle and expire on March 31 of the 2nd year. The Commission will send a renewal card to the registered owner of the boat before expiration.

All Boat Registration Renewals are processed via messenger service and take 3-5 business days to process.

Boat Titling:

Any boat purchased, transferred or sold, must be titled if the boat is:

  • Powered by an inboard motor, including personal watercraft, 1997 model year or newer.
  • Powered by an outboard motor, 14 feet or longer, 1997 model year or newer.
  • Currently titled in Pennsylvania.
  • Currently titled in another state when Pennsylvania becomes the state of primary use.

Once a boat is titled, it must remain titled by all future owners.

Transfer of Ownership:

Transferring ownership of a titled boat is just like transferring a car title. The titled owner must sign the back of the title and have it notarized.