We are only able to request birth certificates for the state of Pa. Please bring a valid government issued ID (Pa. driver’s license, photo ID, etc.).
Pa. birth certificates are acceptable forms of identification for various uses, such as:
- Personal identification
- Passport application
- Social Security
To request a birth certificate, you must be:
- Person named on the birth certificate, who is 18 years of age or older (if under 18, an immediate family member must apply)
- Legal representative
- Husband / Wife
- Parent / Step-parent*
- Brother / Sister / Half Brother / Half Sister
- Son / Daughter / Stepson* / Stepdaughter*
- Grandparent /Great Grandparent
- Grandchild / Great Grandchild
- Power of Attorney
*A step-parent or step-child is required to submit the parents’ marriage record supporting their relationship.
Due to an overwhelming need for Birth Certificates the Vital Records department process could take up to 30 days. If you require a Birth Certificate immediately please call us and we can direct you to the nearest Vital Records office in your area.